Black Copper Marans to APA

APA Recognition qualifying Meet Cattahoochee Valley Poultry Assoc. 7th Annual Show Newnan, GA

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Concrete footers are done

After several weeks of leveling, setting forms, mixing and pouring concrete we are finialy done with the concrete footers! Talk about some hard work, I really have to hand it to the folks that work with concrete as a living. That is some hard work there, real back breaking stuff.
Now I may be some young whippersnapper but I definatly should take stalk in sunscreen and Advil after all that. But I sure can say it's nice to say that I can do it.
Now the last two days, and more to come, we have had horrible winds. Soon as these winds calm down a bit we can start framing the walls. For safty reasons I just refuse to be moving 2x4s around. They catch the wind and about knock me over, it will just be better to wait it out.

On a completely unrelated topic I just have to mention. The other morning I was behind a school bus that was making a stop to pick up a little girl. I just could not help but hear the nursary ryme in my head "Mary had a Little lamb," because as the girl walked across the street and got on the bus a cute little black and white lamb followed her the whole way! Her father came running after her to get the lamb back. Precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment